Friday, April 13, 2007

A NEW BLOG HAS LAUNCHED

Welcome to my blog. This is going to be an experiment for me; I hope to be able to post at least once a week, if not more often. (I have a tendency to put things off.)

As my profile says, I'm a photographer in Falmouth, Mai
ne, just outside Portland, the largest city in the state. I got my start in photography by photographing horse shows, combining my love of horses with my love of photography. I loved the horses, but my job at that time got in the way and I dropped out of photographing for other people for a bit. I did, and continue to, shoot for stock, and I have a number of images with a stock agency. It was while shooting for stock that I realized photographing people was fun - and my portrait business was born. I've been photographing people from all walks of life, and I can say that I enjoy them all. I'm especially fond of high school seniors, pre- and early-teens, and I've just discovered that whole families can be a lot of fun too. Then there are younger kids.....and babies........and we can't forget Moms and Dads......well, I guess I like them all at some point!

I would like to make my blog about personal photog
raphy as well as the photography business. I'm attracted to the little things we tend to pass by, such as the detail in a leaf or an animal's eye. I also love abstract renderings of photographs. I would like to share whatever catches my eye, and I hope to inspire others to look at their world with a more discerning eye.

To start off, I'll post my tribute to spring. It will be a while before we see this around here, but there's always hope...:



Once again, welcome to my blog. I hope you find it interesting.


No comments: